Monday 7 August 2017

Things I was loving in July

So I hear a lot of people saying this and I will too... I can't believe it is August. I have no idea where the year has gone! 

Todays post is just a look at some of the things I was loving last month. I thought it might be fun.

Sad Girls, by Lang Leav.
I talked about Lang Leav in my favourite books post - as I am in love with her poetry and the lovely illustrations in her books. Recently she released a novel called Sad Girls which I started reading last month. I am now about half way through it and liking it! 
I don't want to talk about it too much as I'm not finished, but I do think it's worth a read.


Next up is some make up. I love trying out new products and am always so happy to find one that works well for me! Living in New Zealand it is becoming much easier to get hold of brands so I'm pretty happy about that too.
First up is this highlighter by Pixi, which I picked up on Asos.
It's a really pretty light shade but isn't too glittery or anything like that. I just love it and have been reaching for it a bit lately.
Next is this Mascara by Bare Minerals. This again came to me in July and since I received it I use it every day. The wand is a little bigger than what I'd normally go for but it makes my lashes nice and long and separated. As the wand is big I then use this Innisfree mascara on the bottom - such a good combo!



Last month I went to see a couple of new films - Baby Driver and Dunkirk. I am glad I did! They were both truely good films and I thought very original in there own way. I'm a big big Nolan fan so just had to see his new film in cinema and it was very much worth it!

Finally I have been loving my new desk which I talked about last time. I find now that I have the space, I'm much more motivated to be creative and have been painting and drawing more. Plus I picked up this lamp which I'm obsessed with...


As I write this I'm sat in the sun listening to Nico. I've baked some brownies, repotted (more) plants and done a bit of house work. Tonight I'm going to see some friends to see the new Game of Thrones episode!

So that's all for this post. July has been an okay month, but then I feel it's been an okay year so far. Can't wait for August to be over though and for summer to nearly be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment