Monday 27 March 2017

Monday Bakes // Apple and Vanilla Tea Cake

On Mondays, as it is my day off, I usually will do some baking.
I thought it would be a fun idea to start a bit of a series and write a post on what I chose that week, with the recipe and photos.
It also means I can easily come back to it easily if I want to make it again ^.^

Today, I chose a recipe I haven't tried before - Apple and Vanilla Tea Cake.
Although I do bake cakes often, this one is a bit different to me as it has a layer of custard in the middle.

Custard ingredients


The custard is made first so it has time to cool.

Cake ingredients:

For the cake batter, beat sugar/butter/vanilla until creamy. Then add eggs one at a time. The flours then are sifted over and milk added. Fold everything in!


Once you have the cake mixture and custard done, it's time to start arranging. First I lined my cake tin and thinly sliced an apple.
Add half the cake mixture to the pan, then add the custard - leave a border around the edges.
Now you can add the rest of the cake mixture and smooth over the top. Make sure you leave enough though - it's better to have less on the first layer then the top as I nearly ran out.

Decorate the cake with the apples. I chose a simple design, but I think it looks pretty effective.
Top with melted butter, and raw sugar, and now can go in the oven.


And here's the final result~



This tastes so good, and the custard worked really well. Next time I'll add more apple as they spread out a lot while cooking.🎂
The recipe I used was this one here: recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment