Monday 17 July 2017

Good books.

Hi friends,

Today has been a cold and rainy day, so I've just stayed home doing chores, repotting plants and reading. I'm currently reading Paper Towns by John Green and so far I am liking it. This post today is a look at my current favourite books.


The first is an author, and I love all the books so they all get a mention. The author is Lang Leav, and they are books full of short poetry. They are honestly so lovely and nice to leave around as you can pick them up to a page and read a poem. I really like them.


Next up is Milk and Honey - by Rupi Kaur. This is again a poetry book and similar to Lang Leav's work. I highly recommend both.


A novel I really I enjoy and have read multiple times is the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It's a mystery type book but written from the perspective of a boy - Christopher. I don't really want to say much more but it's really good and written in a different way.

A second novel I thought I'd mention is Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. I recently read the second book and this was also good - I'm excited for the next one. I didn't love the movie but can highly recommend the book and it features some creepy photos of the children too.


The two other books I am going to feature, are the Language of Flowers, and Household Worms - for different reasons. The Language of Flowers is more of a reference book with beautiful drawings of the flowers. It just talks about the plant and I just really like it. I keep it on my coffee table.


The last one I will mention is called Household Worms, by Stanley Donwood. Stanley did some of the artwork for Radiohead which is how I found out about him and this book. It's a book full of short stories, and I would say is one of the books that inspired me to start writing and will alway be one of my favourites.


What's your favourite book/any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment